Re: [Ntp] Comments on draft-langer-ntp-nts-for-ptp

"Langer, Martin" <mart.langer@ostfalia.de> Mon, 08 March 2021 17:05 UTC

From: "Langer, Martin" <mart.langer@ostfalia.de>
To: NTP WG <ntp@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 17:04:56 +0000
x-originating-ip: [141.41.8.54]
Subject: Re: [Ntp] Comments on draft-langer-ntp-nts-for-ptp

Of course, I am also in favor of a solution that is as simple as possible.
Especially since our NTS4PTP design is already quite complex. But we
cannot jeopardize the security.

Whether 'ticket' or 'cookie' is a question of context and requirements. The
term cookie implies state outsourcing for me. And ticket is to me a data
set to get access to a resource. Much more interesting is the question of
what data needs to be exchanged and why.

I am currently under stress and thus I can only respond with some delay.
We should deal with everything objectively and contrast solutions if necessary.
I am thinking if Etherpad would be a possibility to present something like this
in a better way.

-martin-

-------------------
Martin Langer, M.Eng.
Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften
- Hochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel
University of Applied Sciences

Labor Datentechnik, Labor Design Digitaler Systeme
Fakultät Elektrotechnik
Salzdahlumer Straße 46/48
38302 Wolfenbüttel
Germany