[ntpwg] Status Update: The question of CMS vs. (D)TLS

kristof.teichel@ptb.de Thu, 09 July 2015 16:51 UTC

From: kristof.teichel@ptb.de
To: ntpwg@lists.ntp.org
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 18:51:18 +0200
Subject: [ntpwg] Status Update: The question of CMS vs. (D)TLS
Sender: ntpwg <ntpwg-bounces+ntp-archives-ahfae6za=lists.ietf.org@lists.ntp.org>

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to comment on the progress regarding our announced work on the NTS drafts. We have submitted new versions of all three draft in which we pretty much followed up on what we said in the announcemant cited below.
What we did not yet manage to include is a satisfactory treatment of the alternative security mechanisms for the bootstrapping/association phase (i.e. performing this phase via (D)TLS). Also missing but intended is some kind of usage of Photuris cookies for our CMS-based association approach. We will try to get some wording for these aspects into the drafts soon.
Of course, we would appreciate any feedback on the new draft versions, at the IETF meeting in Prague or on this list.

Best regards,
Kristof