Re: [OAUTH-WG] Dynamic Client Registration

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Sun, 15 April 2012 16:06 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:06:00 +0300
To: William Mills <wmills@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org WG" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Dynamic Client Registration

Bill,

I actually do not think that the security of either SCIM or this work is particularly challenging.

For SCIM I assume that there is a close relationship between the SCIM client and a SCIM server (as it is common in an enterprise or single administrative domain scenario).

For the dynamic registration I assume that there is no relationship between the two in the worst case and therefore this turns into a leap of faith type of provisioning.

I may be completely wrong here but that's the impression I have at the moment.

In any case, these questions are something to deal with once we have started the work. At the moment we are still attempting to finalize the re-chartering.

Ciao
Hannes