Re: [OAUTH-WG] TLS version requirements in OAuth 2.0 base

Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org> Thu, 17 November 2011 15:28 UTC

From: Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org>
To: Rob Richards <rrichards@cdatazone.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:28:26 -0500
Cc: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, oauth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] TLS version requirements in OAuth 2.0 base

Agree with Rob here. Also, from an application and service developer's
perspective, the check for "TLS compliance" is going to go something
like this:

1) Does that url start with "https"?
2) If yes, I'm compliant!
3) If no, make the url start with "https"
4) Done!

Which will put us in exactly the position Rob outlines here. What we
really want is for people to use suitable socket encryption, whatever
that means at the time of deployment.

 -- Justin