Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth session at IETF-79

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Sun, 24 October 2010 16:09 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:11:17 +0300
To: David Recordon <recordond@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>, oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth session at IETF-79

Hi David,

I believe that there is lot of other work in the IETF with relevance to OAuth. For example, at this IETF meeting the topics of interest are:

* Web related working groups in the APPS area.
* Security area, including the recently created ABFAB working group (see http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/abfab/).
* O&M area particularly regarding AAA in context to ABFAB.
* I also believe it is useful to talk to the RAI area people since you will find the cellular operator community there. There is a lot of excitement for putting applications on mobile phones. Getting a better idea how those people think may be helpful.

This list can easily grow if you are interested in work beyond OAuth (for example on work related to the recent real-time communication in the browser workshop).

It may be worth mentioning that there is always the chance to talk to lots of people who have a long history in the development of communication protocols.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: You mentioned the Kerberos people showing up at an earlier meeting. I still think it is very useful to take a look at the design of Kerberos given the strong relationship between Kerberos and OAuth. I little while ago I made an interview with two MIT folks about the Kerberos design: http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/kerberos/Kerberos.mp3