Re: [OAUTH-WG] Comments on draft-richer-oauth-introspection-04

Eve Maler <eve@xmlgrrl.com> Wed, 23 October 2013 18:37 UTC

From: Eve Maler <eve@xmlgrrl.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 11:37:01 -0700
To: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Comments on draft-richer-oauth-introspection-04

Hi Thomas-- You may want to take a look at UMA, which leverages both OAuth and Justin's token introspection draft. Token introspection on its own is a "shallow" kind of loose coupling between authorization servers and resource servers. If these are operated by different organizations, as appears to be the case for you, then "deep" loose coupling may be need to answer questions about how the AS and RS onboard and establish trust with each other. UMA provides one set of answers for how to do this. You can find more info at http://tinyurl.com/umawg.

	Eve