Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 20 October 2011 17:24 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:18:41 -0700
To: "Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org>
Cc: OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering

Certainly not everyone needs to pay attention to everything. We are, however, trying to determine whether there is a critical mass of interested persons for a given item in terms of reviews, document authors, implementers, and deployers.

I do not see a problem at all with working on JWT within the OAuth working group. I thought that we had already decided in the past that the JSON signature & encryption work would go into JOES (earlier WOES) and the home for JWT is the OAuth working group. The area directors may have a different opinion but for the moment this is my working assumption.

Ciao
Hannes