Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-spop-10

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 18 February 2015 08:45 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:43:30 +0100
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>, naa@google.com
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-spop-10

Hi Nat,

thanks for the quick response.

I was hoping to see a statement like "The code verifier MUST have enough
entropy to make it impractical to guess the value." in the text rather
than the SHOULD. Given all the other statements in the draft I am not
sure what the should actually means. Under what conditions would an
implementer not provide enough entropy to make guessing impractical?

Ciao
Hannes