[OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-pop-key-distribution-01 and Open Issues

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 05 March 2015 08:59 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 09:59:06 +0100
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-pop-key-distribution-01 and Open Issues

Hi all,

I refreshed the PoP key distribution document. No changes to the
content of the document.

The document contains two questions, namely

QUESTION: A benefit of asymmetric cryptography is to allow clients to
   request a PoP token for use with multiple resource servers.  The
   downside of that approach is linkability since different resource
   servers will be able to link individual requests to the same client.
   (The same is true if the a single public key is linked with PoP
   tokens used with different resource servers.)  Nevertheless, to
   support the functionality the audience parameter could carry an array
   of values.  Is this desirable?

Hannes: My view is that we do not want to introduce likability into
OAuth via the use of these keys. As such, different keys for different
origins.

QUESTION: Should we register the token_type and alg parameters for use
with the dynamic client registration protocol?

Hannes: I believe we should register these two parameters into the
dynamic client registration protocol since that allows us to configure
the values for the client rather than exchanging them with every message.

Feedback appreciated before the submission deadline.

Ciao
Hannes