Re: [OAUTH-WG] [Openid-specs-ab] Simple Web Discovery

John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com> Thu, 28 October 2010 15:39 UTC

From: John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:40:58 -0300
To: the Connect work group <openid-specs-connect@lists.openid.net>
Cc: "sampo@zxidp.org" <sampo@zxidp.org>, "openid-specs-ab@lists.openid.net" <openid-specs-ab@lists.openid.net>, "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] [Openid-specs-ab] Simple Web Discovery

In the case where the user logs in to a RP with a PPID type identifier.

How could the person then allow the RP to discover their service endpoints.
Also conversely would publishing the endpoint provide a way for the RP to correlate the user without permission.

One common practice for openID PPID is that the IdP generates the PPID via AES128(actual ID + RP or sector identifier).

In that case the RP could do an oauth flow to the IdP discovery endpoint to get permission to see the user endpoints.
The IdP could decrypt the opaque identifier to determine the actual subject.

That would protect the non correlation unless the user decides to permit discovery.

The model if not the details seem similar to some work that is being submitted to the ITU-T as I understand it.

John B.