Re: [OAUTH-WG] [EXTERNAL] Re: JWT Secured Authorization Request (JAR) vs OIDC request object

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Thu, 16 January 2020 14:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 06:32:33 -0800
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Neil Madden <neil.madden@forgerock.com>
Cc: Dominick Baier <dbaier@leastprivilege.com>, IETF oauth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] [EXTERNAL] Re: JWT Secured Authorization Request (JAR) vs OIDC request object

It is not too late to add to the security considerations.

It seems that the new application/oauth.authz.req+jwt media-type is helpful
in this regard, in that if an AS can require that content-type from
dereferencing the request_uri, then seeing anything else indicates that the
request was bogus (or an attack).  I guess existing OIDC deployments aren't
exactly in a position to do that, though.

-Ben