Re: [OAUTH-WG] Next steps (draft timeline)

Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> Thu, 30 September 2010 15:56 UTC

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:56:10 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "OAuth WG (oauth@ietf.org)" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Next steps (draft timeline)

The chairs sent a longer list of new items to consider. This does not replace that list but only focuses on the immediate next steps.

EHL

On Sep 30, 2010, at 8:38, "Torsten Lodderstedt" <torsten@lodderstedt.net<mailto:torsten@lodderstedt.net>> wrote:

Bassically, your suggestion sounds reasonable to me.

The only thing I'm missing is discovery. As you pointed out in <http://hueniverse.com/2010/09/oauth-2-0-without-signatures-is-bad-for-the-web/> http://hueniverse.com/2010/09/oauth-2-0-without-signatures-is-bad-for-the-web/ this is a major enabler for interoperable APIs and motivates the need for signatures. Shouldn't we consider discovery, too?

regards,
Torsten.