Re: [OAUTH-WG] error_description USASCII-encoded - is this a difficulty?

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Fri, 18 January 2013 09:40 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:40:36 +0200
To: Todd W Lainhart <lainhart@us.ibm.com>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org, oauth-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] error_description USASCII-encoded - is this a difficulty?

Hi Todd,

it is important to note that the error_description is not meant to be shown to the end users.
That was the reason for not introducing internationalization support.

If you want to provide some additional information about the error description in other languages I would suggest to use the error_uri to point the developer to that information.

Ciao
Hannes