[OAUTH-WG] review comments on draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-11.txt

Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net> Mon, 27 May 2013 19:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 21:03:39 +0200
From: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
To: "Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org WG" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] review comments on draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-11.txt

Hi Justin,

the drafts looks very good.

Just some questions/comments from my side:

section 1.4

How is the client supposed to identify/distinguish authorization
servers? Based on the Client Registration Endpoint URI? Authorization
server identification is necessary in order to map client_ids to
authorization servers for clients, which are connected to multiple
authorization servers.

section 1.4.1 f

Why does the client secret expire while the access token ist still
valid? Secret and token are stored at the same
locations so an attacker may obtain both at once.

"token_endpoint_auth_method"
What is the use case for dynamic registration of public clients? In my
opinion, public clients exist because OAuth 2.0 core does not provided a
mechanism to provision secrets to the different instances of an
installed/native app. Dynamic registration closes this gap, so any
installed app may retrieve a distinct secret.

"client_secret_post vs client_secret_basic"
BASIC and POST are essentially the same just different ways to send the
client secret. If an authorization server supports both, both should
work for any client. So are both methods treated differently?

"jwks_uri"
What is this data used for? the OAuth JWT Bearer Token Profiles?

best regards,
Torsten.