Re: [OAUTH-WG] Confirmation: Call for Adoption of "OAuth Token Introspection" as an OAuth Working Group Item

Mark Dobrinic <mdobrinic@cozmanova.com> Tue, 29 July 2014 09:46 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:46:38 +0200
From: Mark Dobrinic <mdobrinic@cozmanova.com>
To: Justin Richer <jricher@MIT.EDU>, Phil Hunt <phil.hunt@oracle.com>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Confirmation: Call for Adoption of "OAuth Token Introspection" as an OAuth Working Group Item

Just some way I could look at this discussion:

One way to separate an AS and an RS is specified by UMA, so for UMA it
is required to have a standardized Token Introspection feature.

If there are no other uses for separating AS/RS, then UMA would be the
place for standardizing Token Introspection.

On the other hand, if there might be other uses for a standardized Token
Introspection, then it would make the most sense that it would be made a
feature of the set of OAuth specifications.

Personally, I've been surprised to find that the main OAuth spec does
not specify a standard way to return a token's info.

Cheers!

Mark