Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering JSON based request.

John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com> Wed, 26 October 2011 22:33 UTC

From: John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:31:43 -0300
To: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
Cc: OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering JSON based request.

Nat and I just refreshed the I-D for draft-sakimura-oauth-requrl.

It is essentially  a standardization of the method we are using in openID Connect to make signed requests to the Authorization server.

We do have the issue that parameters in the signed/encrypted request necessarily duplicate the query parameters to keep it a valid OAuth request plus an extension.

Even if it doesn't wind up as a OAuth WG item it is probably worth people looking at it before the final openID spec is voted on.

Regards
John B.