Re: [OAUTH-WG] Proposed Syntax Changes in Dynamic Registration

Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org> Wed, 22 May 2013 18:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:19:57 -0400
From: Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org>
To: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Proposed Syntax Changes in Dynamic Registration

Speaking as an implementor, I'm actually in favor of changing
"expires_at" and "issued_at" to the values proposed below. It would
require some minor code changes on my end, but the impact would be
minimal, and I think that the new names are *much* more clear to new
developers. I think it will save us a lot of questions and headaches
going forward. I believe that changing it now will have minimal impact
on any deployed and running code (there are no large-scale services that
I am aware of), and it will make things clearer. So I vote for "B" for
#1 and #2.

I believe "token_endpoint_auth_method" is sufficient as is, since the
client is the only thing that authenticates to the token endpoint.

*[[ Note: As an editor, I don't believe it's really in my power to make
that change unless there's support in the working group for making it. I
**/really/**want more feedback from people, with explanation if you can.
]]**
*
  -- Justin