Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering

Nat Sakimura <sakimura@gmail.com> Sat, 22 October 2011 14:00 UTC

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 07:00:53 -0700
From: Nat Sakimura <sakimura@gmail.com>
To: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
Cc: OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Rechartering

Hi.

Just a clarification:

Although my expired draft is 'request by reference', what was proposed
through it at the iiw really is a generalized JSON based claim request
capability. It could be passed by value as JSON or could be passed by
reference. The later is an optimization for bandwidth constrained network as
well as strengthening security in some ways. This capability already exists
in OpenID Connect but it is actually an underpinning transport, so it
probably should belong to OAuth instead. This was the primary reason for the
proposal.

Nat