Re: [OAUTH-WG] [Openid-specs-ab] Simple Web Discovery

John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com> Sun, 31 October 2010 11:46 UTC

From: John Bradley <ve7jtb@ve7jtb.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:48:28 -0300
To: John Panzer <jpanzer@google.com>
Cc: "openid-specs-connect@lists.openid.net" <openid-specs-connect@lists.openid.net>, "openid-specs-ab@lists.openid.net" <openid-specs-ab@lists.openid.net>, "webfinger@googlegroups.com" <webfinger@googlegroups.com>, "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] [Openid-specs-ab] Simple Web Discovery

John is correct.

Also when using a URL identifier like a blog it is possible to publish a XRD via link headers as well.
That helps make publishing meta-data open to a broader selection of users.

If a site wanted to have a oAuth protected XRD service there is nothing to stop that.

In XRI/XRDS resolution we had per service discovery, much the same as MS is proposing for similar reasons.

People criticized that in XRI/XRDS as being too complicated.  That is why it is not in the current XRD spec.

We do need to make a side by side comparison.

I know that people have asked for a JSON format XRD document option.   That is on the OASIS TC list of things to work on.

John Bradley