[OAUTH-WG] Design Team on Dynamic Client Registration

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 07 August 2013 09:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:17:35 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "oauth@ietf.org WG" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Design Team on Dynamic Client Registration

Hi all,

as discussed at the IETF meeting last week we are planning to create a
design team to progress the work on dynamic client registration.

The chairs had gotten the impression that various participants in the
conversation are looking at slightly different use cases but lump them
all into the same bucket. The discussion at the meeting reinforced our
impression.

We believe that it should be possible to create separable building
blocks; some of these building blocks will only be useful in certain
environments.

 From a procedural point of view we will post some dates for conference
calls and those who are interested please express your preferences as
soon as possible. We understand that August is for many the vacation period.

As input to the conference calls we are soliciting text about the use
cases that justify functionality. We will later worry about what should
go into the main document and what are extensions.

The design team is open for everyone. We will use the OAuth mailing list
for discussions.

We hope that this approach will help to advance the document.

Ciao
Hannes & Derek