Re: [OAUTH-WG] FYI per a request on the last conference call, this is a method for making client registration stateless.

"Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org> Mon, 21 October 2013 18:57 UTC

From: "Richer, Justin P." <jricher@mitre.org>
To: Phil Hunt <phil.hunt@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:56:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.4.80]
Cc: oauth list <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] FYI per a request on the last conference call, this is a method for making client registration stateless.

As it says in the draft, this could be used with dynamic registration, manual registration, or any other method of registration. How you get the client_id and the nature of the client_id are orthogonal to each other.

As such, you could easily issue this structured/signed stateless client_id in response to a signed software statement presented during either dynamic registration (which really should be a proper extension of dynamic registration). Alternatively, you can issue this client_id from a manual registration step and then you don't need to do a dynamic registration at the AS at all, since the AS can recognize and validate the contents of the client_id (because it's completely stateless).

 -- Justin

On Oct 21, 2013, at 10:21 AM, Phil Hunt <phil.hunt@oracle.com<mailto:phil.hunt@oracle.com>>