[openpgp] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-openpgp-02-02: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 05 November 2020 09:49 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: openpgp-chairs@ietf.org, openpgp@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 01:49:17 -0800
Subject: [openpgp] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-openpgp-02-02: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-openpgp-02-02: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-openpgp/

COMMENT:

While I support the creation of the WG, I have some comments on the charter:

1) is it necessary to include the first four paragraphs about the history ?

2) the charter insists on 'no delay' but the previous version of the charter is
dated 2015... ;-)

3) is the word 'entertain' the right one in "OpenPGP may be entertained by the
working group" ? For a non-English speaker, the word 'entertain' is about
getting fun but there seems to be other meaning

4) in"the working group will accept no I-D" s/accept/adopt/ ?

5) I do not know about the context, but the last paragraph looks to me like
requesting a WGLC before adoption. Also, it requires two reviews but what will
happen if those two reviews are negative ?