Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name

"Jun Bi" <> Mon, 04 August 2014 07:57 UTC

Return-Path: <>
Received: from localhost ( []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id AC74D1B28AE for <>; Mon, 4 Aug 2014 00:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: 1.214
X-Spam-Level: *
X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.214 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, CN_BODY_103=0.327, CN_BODY_35=0.339, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, MIME_CHARSET_FARAWAY=2.45, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001, RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-0.001, SPF_HELO_PASS=-0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=no
Received: from ([]) by localhost ( []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id KvkE0SgXnhJ4 for <>; Mon, 4 Aug 2014 00:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from ( []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id CCEB61B28A6 for <>; Mon, 4 Aug 2014 00:57:23 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from junbithinkpadx1 (unknown []) by app1 (Coremail) with SMTP id CsxvpgAXeYaMO99TvNqjAA--.13102S2; Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:51:41 +0800 (CST)
From: "Jun Bi" <>
To: "'Tina TSOU'" <>, "'Jose Saldana'" <>, "'spencer dawkins'" <>
References: <>, <001401cfa7ea$03922910$0ab67b30$>, <>, <> <>, <000001cfac9b$df207b70$9d617250$> <>
In-Reply-To: <>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 15:51:36 +0800
Message-ID: <000801cfafb8$eb2fb7d0$c18f2770$>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0009_01CFAFFB.F95EDEB0"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 15.0
Thread-Index: AQKdxjkxjd63G3/X0BY6SjptBbiW0gHUUtDXAk2QLnsCc0BPfwJ/DBNzAby40gcCP80/upm7X5iA
Content-Language: zh-cn
X-CM-TRANSID: CsxvpgAXeYaMO99TvNqjAA--.13102S2
X-Coremail-Antispam: 1UD129KBjvJXoW3Gw17Gr45GrW7ArykKr43GFg_yoW3tw4rpr WrJrnrCa9rGr1Iyw4kZw10vw1q9rZ5G3y3JwnxJ3WDtF98GFy0kry2yw1Fv3y5GryrXr18 ZFW29FyDCwn5ZrDanT9S1TB71UUUUUUqnTZGkaVYY2UrUUUUjbIjqfuFe4nvWSU5nxnvy2 9KBjDU0xBIdaVrnRJUUUIKb7Iv0xC_Cr1lb4IE77IF4wAFc2x0x2IEx4CE42xK8VAvwI8I cIk0rVWrJVCq3wA2ocxC64kIII0Yj41le2I262IYc4CY6c8Ij28IcVAaY2xG8wAqx4xG67 k08I80eVW8JVW5JwAqx4xG6c804VAFz4xC04v7Mc02F40Ew4AK048IF2xKxVWUJVW8JwAq x4xG6xAIxVCFxsxG0wAv7VCjz48v1sIEY20_Kr1UJr1lOx8S6xCaFVCjc4AY6r1j6r4UM4 x0Y48IcxkI7VAKI48JMx8GjcxK6IxK0xIIj40E5I8CrwCY02Avz4vE14v_GF4l42xK82IY c2Ij64vIr41l42xK82IY6x8ErcxFaVAv8VWkJr1UJwC20s026c02F40E14v26r106r1rMI 8I3I0E7480Y4vE14v26r106r1rMI8E67AF67kF1VAFwI0_Jw0_GFylIxkGc2Ij64vIr4Uv cSsGvfC2KfnxnUUI43ZEXa7xUUeExUUUUUU==
X-CM-SenderInfo: xmxquxo6wvx0pjkxthxhgxhubq/
Cc: 'Ying Cheng' <>,,, "'Liushucheng \(Will\)'" <>,,
Subject: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.15
Precedence: list
List-Id: Openv6 discussion list <>
List-Unsubscribe: <>, <>
List-Archive: <>
List-Post: <>
List-Help: <>
List-Subscribe: <>, <>
X-List-Received-Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 07:57:30 -0000






From: [] On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, August 4, 2014 2:42 PM
To: Jose Saldana; spencer dawkins
Cc: Ying Cheng;;;; Liushucheng (Will);;
Subject: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name


Dear all,


It seems that the consensus is to change
<>  to <> .



Dear Spencer, 


Would you help to get it done?



Thank you,


On Jul 31, 2014, at 4:46 PM, "Jose Saldana" <
<> > wrote:





De: Openv6 [] En nombre de Ying Cheng
Enviado el: jueves, 31 de julio de 2014 9:11
Para: Liushucheng (Will);
<> ; Tina TSOU;
CC: <> ; <> ;
Asunto: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name


Dear all,


Thanks for Tina's suggestion.


>From my personal opinion, SUPA can better reflect our actual work.










Ying CHENG  程莹
China Unicom Network Technology Research Institute 中国联通网络技术研究院
Tel: +86-10-68799999-7702
Mobile: +86-18601102971


发件人: Liushucheng (Will) 

发送时间: 2014-07-29  14:18:01 

收件人: <> ; Tina TSOU; <>  

抄送: <> ; <> ;

主题: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name 

+1, the shorter, the easier to remember.



Will (Shucheng LIU)


From: Openv6 [] On Behalf Of <> 
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:01 AM
To: Tina TSOU; <> 
Cc: <> ; <> ;
Subject: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name


Deae Tina, Dear all,


Thank you very much!

I would perefer the name SUPA, since it is representing our activity more
accurately than what the name PANAMA is representing.


Best regards,






Van: Tina TSOU [
<> ]
Verzonden: maandag 28 juli 2014 5:37
Aan: Jun Bi
CC: Karagiannis, G. (EWI); <> ; <> ;
Onderwerp: Re: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name

Dear Jun, Georgios et al,


How about



Shared Unified Policy Automation





Polices for Application-based Network Administration & Management Automation





Thank you,


On Jul 25, 2014, at 5:23 PM, "Jun Bi" <
<> > wrote:

Then let's propose a new name of the WG.

-----Original Message-----
From: <>
[] On Behalf Of <> 
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 4:01 AM
To: <> ;
Subject: [Openv6] regarding name of our activity and mailing list name

Hi Jin, Hi all,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!
There are two possible paths that we could follow:

1) Keep the name APONF and create a new mailing list with name: <> 
Drawback: the name contains the words "Network Functions" which might be

2) Create a new name that represents the goal of this activity more
accurately than APONF and also a new mailing list that uses this new name.
Some time ago the name PANAMA had been proposed!

Please express your opinion on which of the two options we should choose?

Best regards,
Van: Openv6 [ <> ]
namens Jun Bi [ <> ]
Verzonden: vrijdag 25 juli 2014 1:28
Aan: <> 
Onderwerp: Re: [Openv6] new APONF goals based on APONF bar BOF meeting

BTW, shall we change the name of mailing-list to
<>  ?


-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Bi []
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:27 PM
To: ' <> '
Subject: RE: [Openv6] new APONF goals based on APONF bar BOF meeting

One example to use APONF for SAVI (source address validation improvements).



-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Bi []
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:23 AM
To: 'Tom Taylor'; ' <> ';
' <> '
Subject: RE: [Openv6] new APONF goals based on APONF bar BOF meeting

I have a suggestion to change the terminology.

For figure 1 on page 4, the "end user application" is not a good term.

I noticed that the figure in the latest PPT from Georgios and Tina, " end
user application" was changed to "network service". I think it is good.

So one page 5 of APONF problem statement draft:

"Network Management Application: Operational Support System (OSS) like
applications that help a communication service provider to monitor, control,
analyze and manage a communication network."

Could we change " Network Management Application" to "Network Service", to
be consist with the latest figure ?

In addition, may I propose we also change "Network Management Application
System" to "Network Service System" ?

Change the definition "Network management application systems: Systems or
platforms that run the network management application."
"Network Service Systems: Systems or platforms that run the network

Best Regards,
Jun Bi

-----Original Message-----
From: <>
[] On Behalf Of
Tom Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:26 PM
To: <> ;
Subject: Re: [Openv6] new APONF goals based on APONF bar BOF meeting

Follow-up below, expressing my understanding of further details agreed last

On 14-07-22 05:13 PM, <>

Hi all,


To be informed!


Please note that this version is modified based on the comments that 

we received yesterday during the bar BOF meeting.



Procedurally: when a new service is defined, the Network Management (NM)
Application function downloads an initial network service graph to the NM
Control function. The data includes triggers for NM Control to feed back
updates to the graph. When one of these triggers is engaged, NM Control
sends back a refreshed network service graph.

Discussion Point 1: I am trying to relate this to SFC as a service. The
starting point is the Service Function Chain. This has to be translated into
one or more instances of a Service Function Path, which get passed to the
Service Classifier. Path derivation is logically something NM Control would
be responsible for. Which APONF function would be responsible for
distributing the path information to the Classifier(s)?

Discussion Point 2: to do its mapping between information gathered from
Network Elements (NE) and the network service graphs, NM Control needs a
database associating NE-provided attributes with service-specific labels.
Would downloading of such a dictionary be part of APONF responsibilities, or
would we leave creation of the database to be an operator-specific matter?

I stand to be corrected on my basic understanding of APONF operation, and
welcome comments on the discussion points.

Tom Taylor

Openv6 mailing list <>

Openv6 mailing list <>
Openv6 mailing list <>

Openv6 mailing list <>

如果您错误接收了该邮件,请通过电子邮件立即通知我们。请回复邮件到 <> ,即可以退订此邮
件。我们将立即将您的信息从我们的发送目录中删除。 If you have received this
email in error please notify us immediately by e-mail. Please reply to <>  if you want to
unsubscribe from this mail. We will immediately remove your information from
our sending catalogue.