Subject: [OPS-DIR]draft-ietf-detnet-controller-plane-framework-12 ietf last call Opsdir review
From: Samir Barguil via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2025 04:18:21 -0700
List-Id: Ops Directorate <ops-dir.ietf.org>

Document: draft-ietf-detnet-controller-plane-framework
Title: Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Controller Plane Framework
Reviewer: Samir Barguil
Review result: Has Nits

Hello,

I have been selected as the Operations Directorate (opsdir) reviewer for this
draft. The Operations Directorate reviews all operational and
management-related drafts to ensure alignment with operational best practices.
More "Guidelines for Considering Operations and Management in IETF
Specifications" can be found at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-opsarea-rfc5706bis/. While these
comments are primarily for the OPS ADs, the authors should consider them
alongside other feedback and address them through updates or discussions.

Document: draft-ietf-detnet-controller-plane-framework-07n]
Reviewer: Samier Barguil
Review Date: 2025-07-07
IETF LC End Date: 2025-07-15
Intended Status: Informational

Summary:

Minor concerns/nits that should be resolved before publication.

This document is intended to provide an overview framework for the DetNet
control plane, outlining the key concepts and requirements that could serve as
a foundation for future solution specifications. The authors have done an
excellent job identifying critical requirements and architectural models, while
also making it clear that the detailed protocol solutions and any necessary
extensions are left for future work. This approach helps establish a common
understanding and direction without constraining future developments.

Nits:

In Section 3.1, "Distributed Control Plane and Signaling Protocols"

r/ RSVT-TE / RSVP-TE

In Section 6, "Multidomain Aspects"

I suggest to replace as "multi-domain" (with a hyphen) or "multi domain" (as
two words).

In Section 5.2.1.2, "Passive PM"

r / affect / effect