[opsarea-chairs] OPS-DIR meeting minutes: July 29th 2013

Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com> Mon, 29 July 2013 16:38 UTC

Return-Path: <bclaise@cisco.com>
X-Original-To: opsarea-chairs@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: opsarea-chairs@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id C6CB021F965B; Mon, 29 Jul 2013 09:38:43 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -10.533
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-10.533 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=0.065, BAYES_00=-2.599, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI=-8]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id fQHG2tV7Nhwm; Mon, 29 Jul 2013 09:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from av-tac-bru.cisco.com (weird-brew.cisco.com []) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 03F6221F9E99; Mon, 29 Jul 2013 09:38:37 -0700 (PDT)
X-TACSUNS: Virus Scanned
Received: from strange-brew.cisco.com (localhost.cisco.com []) by av-tac-bru.cisco.com (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8) with ESMTP id r6TGcYoW028925; Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:38:34 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from [] ([]) by strange-brew.cisco.com (8.13.8+Sun/8.13.8) with ESMTP id r6TGc45r005109; Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:38:14 +0200 (CEST)
Message-ID: <51F69A49.5070001@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:37:29 +0200
From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130620 Thunderbird/17.0.7
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "ops-dir@ietf.org" <ops-dir@ietf.org>, opsarea-chairs@ietf.org
References: <51F69922.8070707@cisco.com>
In-Reply-To: <51F69922.8070707@cisco.com>
X-Forwarded-Message-Id: <51F69922.8070707@cisco.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------070803050208060608010401"
Subject: [opsarea-chairs] OPS-DIR meeting minutes: July 29th 2013
X-BeenThere: opsarea-chairs@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: Archived discussions of OPS Area WG Chairs and ADs <opsarea-chairs.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/opsarea-chairs>, <mailto:opsarea-chairs-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/opsarea-chairs>
List-Post: <mailto:opsarea-chairs@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:opsarea-chairs-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsarea-chairs>, <mailto:opsarea-chairs-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:38:44 -0000

Dear all,

Here are the topics we addressed during this OPS-DIR lunch.

1. Gunter was announced as a second OPS-DIR secretary.
Gunter went through the process of explaining the OPS-DIR document 
OPS-DIR member: please don't forget to quickly answer if you can't or 
are unwilling to review a document, or just to acknowledge the request
ACTION: Gunter, please send the slides
ACTION: Gunter/Tina to send a reminder if no news were received within a 
couple of days
ACTION: Gunter to investigate the gen-art tool

2. OPS-DIR goals
A big task is the document reviews, but that's not all: OPS advisor is 
also an important part of the job.
ACTION: Joel/Benoit to review the list of OPS-DIR members
ACTION: Joel/Benoit to ask if the new OPS chairs want to join OPS-DIR

3. WG summaries to be shared at the end IETF week
This message is for the OPS chairs. This is what Joel sent:

    The deadlines for WG summaries is:

    Friday at 13:130

    if your group meets before friday it would be great if they were sent by
    Thursday evening.

    if you'd like some examples of what was done for IETF 86, it is here:


    We're looking to briefly capture the major events, this is by no means
    supposed to be as comprehensive as the minutes.

4. Early OPS-DIR review, during the WGLC
Note: this is a current experiment for the gen-art reviews
     No automatic OPS-DIR review,
     However, if there is a specific request, we will find a reviewer
In the latter case, we must find someone (100 % hit rate). That person 
might have to follow the draft evolution, potentially subscribing to the 
WG mailist list. Having the gen-art would be useful, so that we don't 
reassign this draft when the IETF LC comes

5. document shepherd in IESG telechat

Regards, Joel and Benoit