Re: [OPSAWG] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-08: (with COMMENT)

Duzongpeng <duzongpeng@huawei.com> Tue, 25 October 2016 12:41 UTC

From: Duzongpeng <duzongpeng@huawei.com>
To: Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:41:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.149.226]
Cc: "draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel@ietf.org>, "opsawg-chairs@ietf.org" <opsawg-chairs@ietf.org>, "opsawg@ietf.org" <opsawg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-08: (with COMMENT)

Hello,

	I would like to give some suggestions as below.

	Some operators deploys their WiFi networks with the data channel unsecured, and even for the wireless part, there are some unsecured deployment examples.
	It is not a good choice; however, it is simpler.

	Of course, some secure ensured methods should also be provided.
	For the wireless part, IEEE has provided several secure mechanism;
	For the wireline part, IPsec can be deployed to protect the security.

	Would it be ok for the draft to suggest that IPsec should be deployed if the tunnel type itself is unsecured.

Best Regards
Zongpeng Du