Subject: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-add-encrypted-dns-09.txt> (RADIUS Extensions for DHCP Configured Services) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 08:33:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'RADIUS
Extensions for DHCP Configured Services'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-add-encrypted-dns-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2023-02-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies two new Remote Authentication Dial-In User
   Service (RADIUS) attributes that carry DHCP options.  Even if the
   specification was initially motivated by the configuration of
   encrypted DNS resolvers, the specification is generic and can be
   applicable to any service that relies upon DHCP.  Both DHCPv4 and
   DHCPv6 configured services are covered.

   Also, this document updates RFC 4014 by relaxing a constraint on
   permitted RADIUS Attributes in the RADIUS Attributes DHCP suboption.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-add-encrypted-dns/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.