[OPSAWG] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-06

Ines Robles via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 08 October 2020 22:47 UTC

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: opsawg@ietf.org, draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 15:47:41 -0700
Subject: [OPSAWG] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-06

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Ready with Issues

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-06
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 2020-10-08
IETF LC End Date: 2020-10-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

This document describes an architectural framework for service and network
management automation, with respect of service, network and device level.

I have some concerns as detailed below that I would like to be addressed before
publication

Major issues: None

Minor issues:

a-Introduction:

"framework...that takes advantage of YANG modeling technologies" --> how does
it take advantage?

b- Section 2.2: I would add in the acronyms list: SP, ASes, SBE/DBE, E2E

c- Section 3.1:

It would be nice to add clarification: Data models can be classified .... ->
Data models in the context of ..... can be classified...

d- Figure 3: The box Device includes Device Modeling. Should be added in Device
as another box for "Resource Orchestration"? (As e.g. Service has Service
Orchestration)

e- Section 4, Figure 4:

e.1- [RFC8309] divides the Service Model into two categories: Customer Service
Model and Service Delivery Model

How these categories are descripted into the Service Lifecycle in the Figure?

e.2- in the Device Level: Should be added Accounting Management and Security
Management [RFC5706]?

e.3- In the explanation of the Functional Blocks and Interactions section, why
the following blocks are not defined/explained in the subsections?: *Service
Assurance *Specific Service Creation/Modification *Specific Service
Optimization *Specific Service Assurance

f- Section 6: I think it would be nice to explain the security considerations
based on the possible attacks/threats/privacy to Service Level, Network Level
and Device Level. In other words, explains the vulnerabilities for each part of
the entities that conform the proposed framework.

g- Does this framework applies to the management plane, right?

h- What do you think about policies, e.g.[rfc8328], should it be applied here?

Nits/editorial comments:

cutsomer-facing -> customer-facing

data module --> data model?

expand OSS/BSS -> Operations Support System (OSS) or a Business Support System
(BSS)

Thank you for this document,

Ines.