Re: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-07.txt

"C. M. Heard" <heard@pobox.com> Sun, 31 May 2015 03:35 UTC

Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 20:34:50 -0700
From: "C. M. Heard" <heard@pobox.com>
To: OPSEC <opsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-07.txt

Greetings,

The text in Section 3 seems to have dropped the step saying that if
the packet is identified to be a DHCPv6 packet meant for a DHCPv6
client then a DHCPv6-Shield implementation MUST drop the packet.
That omission defeats the entire purpose of the draft and renders it
unsuitable for publication.

As noted in http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/opsec/current/msg01870.html,
this problem was introduced in the -06 version of the draft.  Could the authors
PLEASE fix this, or else point out where in -07 this step is spelled out?

//cmh