Re: Fractals

"Eric A. Bobinsky" <bobinsk@pop01.ca.us.ibm.net> Thu, 06 April 1995 15:56 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 10:31:48 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Eric A. Bobinsky" <bobinsk@pop01.ca.us.ibm.net>
To: oswg-l@wugate.wustl.edu
Subject: Re: Fractals

Dear Dr. Brownlee-

I've been lurking around here for a time and I just noted the
brief discussion of your fractal model in the "Opstat Minutes".

I am-- or was, actually-- on the Editorial Board of the journal
_Telecommunication Systems_.  At the time I would have been very
interested in finding a submission along those lines to broaden
the scope of the journal.  If you're not familiar with it, it's
a heavily analytical, research journal published by Baltzer and
edited by Bezalel Gavish at Vanderbilt University.  His Internet
address is gavishb@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu.

I find the subject fascinating, professionally, and I would
encourage you to seek publication in Telecommunication Systems.
It had the virtue of reasonable lead time to publication and
excellent referees.  Submissions tend to concentrate overly on
the "pure OR" aspects of networks, and analyses of the sort you
are doing are definitely called for!

Best regards,
Eric

Eric A. Bobinsky, Principal