Re: FREE CiscoView Download doesn't work :(

Frank Saxton <Frankie@easyrider.com> Fri, 14 February 1997 18:02 UTC

From: Frank Saxton <Frankie@easyrider.com>
To: nms-users@ghost.cs.orst.edu, tkined@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de, winsnmp@mailbag.jf.intel.com, nms@netmgrs.co.uk, marcomm@netmgrs.co.uk, msia@netmgrs.co.uk, applmib-request@emi-summit.com, hubmib@hprnd.rose.hp.com, osimis@cs.ucl.ac.uk, nmf-objects@nmf.com, nmsig@nemo.ncsl.nist.gov, snmp@psi.com, snmp2@tis.com, cisco@spot.colorado.edu, ovforum@andrew.cmu.edu, hp-nodemgr@rrz.uni-koeln.de, arslist@shl.com, snm-people@zippy.telcom.arizona.edu, spectrum@po.cwru.edu, Guenter Kraft <gkraft@cisco.com>
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: Re: FREE CiscoView Download doesn't work :(
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 09:42:04 -0800
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

----------
From: Guenter Kraft <gkraft@cisco.com>
To: nms-users@ghost.CS.ORST.EDU; tkined@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de;
winsnmp@mailbag.jf.intel.com; nms@netmgrs.co.uk; marcomm@netmgrs.co.uk;
msia@netmgrs.co.uk; applmib-request@emi-summit.com;
hubmib@hprnd.rose.hp.com; osimis@cs.ucl.ac.uk; nmf-objects@nmf.com;
nmsig@nemo.ncsl.nist.gov; snmp@psi.com; snmp2@tis.com;
cisco@spot.colorado.edu; ovforum@andrew.cmu.edu;
hp-nodemgr@rrz.uni-koeln.de; arslist@shl.com;
snm-people@zippy.telcom.arizona.edu; spectrum@po.cwru.edu
Subject: FREE CiscoView Download
Date: Friday, February 14, 1997 8:30 AM

FREE downlaod of CiscoView @ httP://www.cisco.com/ciscoview

I tried to install the free eval version of Ciscoview as you offered.
I understand that this product is not supported, but....

The installation failed with 3 different errors:

error opening mib.txt
couldn't read file c:\cww\etc\cview\cview.id
snmp: MIB mapping failed

I'm running in standalone mode on an NT4.0 box

According to your E-mail, Cisco is offering the free software to promote
the
usage of Ciscoworks.

I am currently evaluating network mgm't products for
a Client of mine. Ciscoworks would certainly be a contender in this
process. However, If I can't even get ciscoworks installed, I obviously
won't
be recommending it to my Client (or to anyone else for that matter).

Additionally, if others in this mailing list experience similar
difficulties, Cisco's promotion may backfire on them!

A little assistance here would be in everybody's best interest, don't you
think?

Frank Saxton
Frankie@Easyrider.com
(503) 297-2325