Re: Dynamic WAIS prototype announcement

Mike Schwartz <schwartz@latour.cs.colorado.edu> Wed, 10 March 1993 11:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1993 22:30:55 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Mike Schwartz <schwartz@latour.cs.colorado.edu>
To: DynamicWAIS-Announcement-List@latour.cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: Dynamic WAIS prototype announcement

One thing I should have made more prominent in my announcement message:
the standard xwais client won't be able to display the results of
Dynamic WAIS searches.  There are three things you can do about this:

1. You can apply the patch for xwais found in the Dynamic WAIS
   distribution.  It's a simple one-line patch.
2. You can add a text viewer to your filters preference (either in the
   Xwais.filters resource or with the "Prefs" button).  For example:
        DYNAMIC,xedit;
3. You can try to use the patched sparc xwais executable we have made
   available by anonymous FTP in ftp.cs.colorado.edu:
   pub/cs/distribs/dynamicwais/xwais.Z

 - Mike