Security

Richard Larkin <rik@osi.curtin.edu.au> Thu, 31 August 1995 08:56 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Richard Larkin <rik@osi.curtin.edu.au>
Subject: Security
To: osi-ds <osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 16:19:08 +0800

Anyone out there know of any 1993 implementations of X.500 which implement
strong authentication ?

Also, any info on Certificate Authorities would be muchly appreciated - research
papers would be greatly received.

Lastly, for all those pilots out there (and graduates of pilots), what type
of authentication are your products you are using offering? I have found
many products to be pathetic. Consider X.400, security is still optional in
the 1992 recommendations - Is this the 90's or 70's? Now I'm no expert, but
I am rather frustrated at reading the standards, then trying to put them
into practice for what their worth, and only to find out that the security
"is not implemented in this version".

Sorry for venting my anger with you, but I'm sure most of you feel the same
way.

All intelligent comments received gratefully.

rik@osi.curtin.edu.au

--
---
Rich Larkin      	|