Re: Widely distributed searching

pays@faugeres.inria.fr Wed, 18 November 1992 20:06 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1992 20:07:39 +0100
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: pays@faugeres.inria.fr
To: R.J.Letts@salford.ac.uk, quipu@cassiopeia.rl.af.mil
Subject: Re: Widely distributed searching
cc: P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk, directory-group@jnt.ac.uk, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk

1. Nice feature, even if only for priving X.500 even in the current state is
    not that bad

2. I also share the DSA manager concern about load. However it is
     really nice to have a mean to check/measure the impact
     and thus to have figures to base our "policies"

3. reminder: even if a large majority of pilot participating DSAs
     are QUIPU, they are not 100%, and the interest/feasability
     must be considered with "heterogeneity" in mind
     (NOTA: this is not a criticism to Paul Barker; I know he is
      aware of that and takes it into account: just a reminder
      related to too QUIPU specific comments about memory size
      and TURBO-INDEX;
      However I am really interested in "generic" performance
      considerations.

regards,

-- PAP