Re: Root level prodir combined results

pays@faugeres.inria.fr Fri, 06 May 1994 13:45 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 May 1994 09:52:01 +0200
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: pays@faugeres.inria.fr
To: /DD.Common=tech-support/@nexor.co.uk, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk, panamas@paradise.ulcc.ac.uk, prodir-support@nexor.co.uk
Subject: Re: Root level prodir combined results

once more  sorry :-(

France is declaring one single national master (with several NSAP),
we would appreciate that the probing tool, do conform
with this and thus provide ONE single result.

Additionaly I would like to understand how from one single
master (one PSAP) and on which criteria the tool decide
to separate (on the base of the NSAPs?) into 2 results.
What is being probed.h?

  how do you know?decide that a different NSAP correspond to
  a common or several physical servers?
  why the number of probes differs for the 2 french results?
  Does not that mean that some of the probing site are not able
     to make use of multi NSAP PSAP?

Either the probe goal is to inform about physical server
  availability?
    then probing must know of the logical to physical mapping
    (which is a not available information today)

Or the probe goal is to measure service availability (which
   seems much more interesting to me) and then
   there should be one single result for France

-- PAP