Re: Root level prodir combined results

Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@gate.switch.ch> Fri, 14 January 1994 14:32 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 13:34:13 +0000
X400-Originator: osi-ds-request@cs.ucl.ac.uk
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=uk.ac/ADMD=gold 400/C=gb/; haig.cs.uc.756:14.00.94.13.34.13]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@gate.switch.ch>
To: pays <pays@faugeres.inria.fr>
Cc: osi-ds <osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, panamas <panamas@paradise.ulcc.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Root level prodir combined results

Paul-Andre,

> why not change the title:
> probing the status of R&D networks
> that would be better suited
>
> --- PAP

Your comment on a fact that is well known to the readers on the list
in the mean time was not very constructing. We should appreciate the
statistics information we get through voluntary unfunded efforts.
Once better information is available from other sources it might be
more appropriate to react that way.

When I started again with sending out the probes sometime last year I did
ask the list if anybody objects to sending these statistics and I did not
get any negative answer, on the contrary, some positive reactions.

So in case you really get annoyed by seeing these message please ignore
them or set up a filter in your UA to trash them. OK?

Alan can perhaps add an additional line in the header which says something
like:
Connectivity problems on the network layer influence these results.

Then everybody should be happy.

Thomas