Re: Root level prodir combined results

Alan Shepherd <a.shepherd@nexor.co.uk> Mon, 21 March 1994 11:07 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 1994 10:17:17 +0000
X400-Originator: osi-ds-request@cs.ucl.ac.uk
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=uk.ac/ADMD=gold 400/C=gb/; haig.cs.uc.490:21.02.94.10.17.17]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Alan Shepherd <a.shepherd@nexor.co.uk>
To: Mark Prior <mrp@itd.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc: osi-ds <osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, panamas <panamas@paradise.ulcc.ac.uk>, tech-support </CN=tech-support/@nexor.co.uk>, prodir-support <prodir-support@nexor.co.uk>, George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>
Subject: Re: Root level prodir combined results
Discarded-X400-IPMS-Extensions: iso (1) memberBody (2) gb (826) (0) (1004) (10) (1) (1)

>      Thanks for the probing people. I am now getting proof positive that
>      stock ISODE 8.0 and patched ISODE 8.0 quipu is totally unable to
>      support a country/root level DSA on Ultrix 4.3.
>
>      I have no idea why its dying so much. I suspect zone updates for c=US
>      and c=DE may have something to do with it, that or tsbridge accessed
X.25

>      anybody care to suggest ways to track this down? note: running under
>      a high debug level may not be viable due to diskspace limits for the
>      logs, I suppose I could set them to truncate and hope the final state
>      is enough to determine what caused the meltdown.
>
> Well I'm not sure it's Ultrix's fault as Bush Dog is running identical
> code as Anaconda on a smaller box which is also slaving a lot more
> countries than Anaconda (including Germany and the USA). I expect the
> problem is either the tsbridge (which I don't run) or the fact that
> you have two DSAs on the one machine and they don't play well
> together.
>
> Mark.

I've noticed that Anaconda is getting "invalid credentials" errors.  I haven't
checked this out, but this has been happening to some UK dsas which at some
point replicated c=GB and then stopped.  This meant they had an old version
with "o=X-Tel Services Ltd" but no "o=NEXOR Ltd" in their EDB file.
Consequently, the probe fails from NEXOR since we bind using a NEXOR DN.  This
is probably worth checking out.

Alan

Alan Shepherd, NEXOR, P.O. Box 132, Nottingham NG7 2UU.
Phone: +44 (0) 602 520582 (Fax:520519)
Email: a.shepherd@nexor.co.uk.
X.400: C=GB;ADMD=CWMAIL;PRMD=NEXOR;O=NEXOR;S=Shepherd;G=Alan
X.500: C=GB@o=NEXOR Ltd@cn=Alan Shepherd