Re: Root level prodir combined results

Mark Prior <mrp@itd.adelaide.edu.au> Sat, 19 March 1994 06:59 UTC

To: George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>
Cc: prodir-support@nexor.co.uk, /CN=tech-support/@nexor.co.uk, panamas@paradise.ulcc.ac.uk, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Root level prodir combined results
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 1994 16:46:12 +1030
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Mark Prior <mrp@itd.adelaide.edu.au>

     Thanks for the probing people. I am now getting proof positive that
     stock ISODE 8.0 and patched ISODE 8.0 quipu is totally unable to
     support a country/root level DSA on Ultrix 4.3.

     I have no idea why its dying so much. I suspect zone updates for c=US
     and c=DE may have something to do with it, that or tsbridge accessed X.25

     anybody care to suggest ways to track this down? note: running under
     a high debug level may not be viable due to diskspace limits for the
     logs, I suppose I could set them to truncate and hope the final state
     is enough to determine what caused the meltdown.

Well I'm not sure it's Ultrix's fault as Bush Dog is running identical
code as Anaconda on a smaller box which is also slaving a lot more
countries than Anaconda (including Germany and the USA). I expect the
problem is either the tsbridge (which I don't run) or the fact that
you have two DSAs on the one machine and they don't play well
together.

Mark.