new LDAP documents

Tim Howes <tim@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu> Thu, 10 November 1994 21:04 UTC

To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
cc: ietf-asid@umich.edu
Subject: new LDAP documents
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 15:35:13 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Tim Howes <tim@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu>

Hi guys.  Here are revised versions of the LDAP protocol and syntax
documents which I have submitted as Internet drafts.  To quickly
review the changes:

RFC 1487 (LDAP protocol): We changed the modify rdn operation to
include an extra parameter indicating whether the existing rdn values
should be deleted from the entry or not.

RFC 1488 (LDAP syntaxes): Various editorial, typographical, BNF, and
just plain wrong syntaxes were fixed, mostly reflecting the comments
of Elisabeth Roudier and Ascan Woermann.

There was little controversy about these changes at the last meeting.
Assuming this is still the case, we will progress them asap.      -- Tim

PS. The question of 1993 support in LDAP is still outstanding and not
addressed by these revisions.  We'll talk about it at the San Jose IETF.