Re: DNS on CLNP RRs

Glenn Mansfield <glenn@aic.co.jp> Mon, 06 July 1992 16:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 92 23:44:49 JST
From: Glenn Mansfield <glenn@aic.co.jp>
To: S.Kille@isode.com
Subject: Re: DNS on CLNP RRs
Cc: G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk, thomas@aic.co.jp

Hi Steve,

   >>You are on the latest agenda (i.e., the piece of paper on my desk).
   >>I will do my best to present your work - I think that it is
   >>interesting and important.
   >>
   >>I have your postscipt paper + slides although neither will print on
   >>my SPARCprinter:
   >>
   >>Ryumin-Light-Ext-H not found, using Courier
   >>%%[ Error: Message: Process: 0x279eb4 (Unnamed process)   Error: invalidfont
   >>Stack: /11x17 /Ryumin-Times-H dictionary[7/12]
   >>Executing: 'definefont'
   >>At: Reading file(?,W,R)
   >>/11x17 /Ryumin-Times-H dict[
   >>    /FontName: /Ryumin-Times-H
   >>    /FontType: 0
   >>    /WMode: 0
   >>    /FMapType: 3
   >>    /FontMatrix: [1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0]
   >>    /Encoding: [0 1]
   >>    /FDepVector: [font(Times-Roman1,remapped) font(Courier1,remapped)]
   >>    ]
   >>]%%
   >>

   >>I'll try to find another printer.   To be topical, have you given any

We wish you good luck :-)
Incidentally, will a fax copy be of much use ? Could do it right away.

   >>thought as to how the representation of networks in X.500 will
   >>interact with CIDR?

The short answer is NO. The long answer is - we haven't considered its
interaction with specific routing protocols, management systems ... .
But, it is very clear that the representation will very strongly aid/support
configuration management and that includes route management. We are working
in that direction. In the scope of the current applications there is no
route assignment - but there is detection of non-optimal/anomalous routings.

   >>Steve

Glenn

 * Glenn Mansfield                                               *
 * AIC Systems Laboratory                Phone : +81-22-279-3310 *
 * 6-6-3, Minami Yoshinari               Fax   : +81-22-279-3640 *
 * Sendai, Japan. 989-32                 e-mail: glenn@aic.co.jp *