Draft minutes of the San Diego Meeting

Simon Leinen <simon@lia.di.epfl.ch> Wed, 08 April 1992 14:30 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1992 15:44:00 -0000
From: Simon Leinen <simon@lia.di.epfl.ch>
To: Steve Hardcastle-Kille <S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Draft minutes of the San Diego Meeting

> A question was asked regarding the transition to X.500 in Europe:
> have there been real directories mapped into x500?  The consensus is
> no, that most directory efforts have focused on creating new X.500
> databases.

c=CH@o=EPFL contains the complete data from the internal phone/Email
directory of the Lausanne Polytechnic, but the access to all objects
representing real persons has been restricted to people within the
EPFL itself.  This was necessary because of an earlier policy decision
at this school (no-one should be published through X.500 directory
without being asked for consent).  I guess this is a common obstacle
to more general X.500 deployment.  Another one is probably that
communication paths between QUIPU hackers and administration people
have to be established.

> JPEG - Support for this should be in the next version of QUIPU.

Fine! I just finished collecting the JPEG gallery of our lab.
--
Simon Leinen.
Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne