Re: cc:mail comments

ROGER JAMES <roger@boldon-james-limited.co.uk> Fri, 27 November 1992 15:57 UTC

Subject: Re: cc:mail comments
To: rjacob@wnyosi9.nctsw.navy.mil
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1992 14:36:02 +0000
Cc: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: ROGER JAMES <roger@boldon-james-limited.co.uk>

Hi,
As the person responsible for the X400 technology marketed in the US
by Enterprise Solutions, I thought I would give you an update.

The Enterprise Mail software is produced here in the UK by my company
Boldon James Limited. We are members of the ISODE Consortium and have had
long term involvement with OSI and ISODE.

> 	2.for directory services Enterprise mail has a directory
> 	services product which can work with the retix MTA on a Unix

Our directory interface for Retix MTAs works agianst their Nickname Database
which only provides very limited facilities.

> 	host. They have both a DOS and a windows MUI for the retix MTA.

> 	4.If you have time and are short of cash you might consider isode's
> 	quipu ( directory services) and PP( x.400). It may take you time
> 	or Unix. Enterprise is working on one for DOS. With regard to Directory
> 	User Agents for dos they exist some where, I have heard of them
> 	but I believe they are non existent.

We have donated a Enterprise Mail channel for PP to the ISODE Consortium
or you can get if FOC from us. This enables all our UAs (Windows DOS Unix)
to work with PP.

Our own X500 direcotry offerings are based on ISODE quipu. WE are currently
beta on a white pages lookup module for our UAs. This uses LDAP to talk
to a quipu DSA.

Hope you find this of interest.

Roger

--
Roger F. James		: email		: roger@bj.co.uk
Boldon James Limited	: phone		: +44 (0)270 883880