Re: extending existing object classes vs deriving new classes

Andrew Waugh <A.Waugh@mel.dit.csiro.au> Sat, 25 February 1995 05:24 UTC

To: Paul Barker <P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: "Luis P. Caamano" <lpc@sware.com>, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk, edmund@sware.com, ajw@mel.dit.csiro.au
Subject: Re: extending existing object classes vs deriving new classes
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 15:50:48 +1100
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Andrew Waugh <A.Waugh@mel.dit.csiro.au>

>> Does anybody know about any other sources that talk about the
>> new extensions to X.500 (1993) for schema support other than
>> the X.500 document itself or Sara Radicati's X.500 book?
>>
>There is also the book by Dave Chadwick, which is much more comprehenisve
>than either the Steedman or Radicati books.  I would also recommend the
>(compendious) report by Andrew Waugh, which is useful because it is by an
>outsider to the X.500 standards process, and thus more of a critique.
>I have lost the FTP address for the report but Andrew's address is
><A.Waugh@au.csiro.dit.mel>.

Go away for a week and all sorts of interesting things pop up...

For those interested in the report it is available for anonymous ftp
from
	shark.mel.dit.csiro.au
	staff/ajw/TR-SA-94-03.[ps, macw2].Z

The postscript version was produced by a Mac, and some (many :-(
postscript printers have problems coping with its length. I'll NEVER
write another major document on the Mac. The other file is in Mac Word
format and may be easier to print for many people...

andrew waugh