RFC1006 summary

"C.DEIGNAN" <C.Deignan@frmy.bull.fr> Fri, 26 August 1994 15:59 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "C.DEIGNAN" <C.Deignan@frmy.bull.fr>
Subject: RFC1006 summary
To: osi-ds <osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 17:09:02 -0000

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry about the 6 copies of my question that everybody received.
I was a bit scared of sending a summary of the answers in case
it got multiplied into a nuisance. However someone requested it for
themselves, so I'm sending the summary to everyone.

The results:
      ISO/DE does indeed have an RFC1006 component
      NEXOR use an OSI stack which includes RFC1006
		(offered on a range of UNIX? operating systems)
      Digital's XTI offers RFC1006 functions.
      SNI - (Siemens Nixdorf International?) can use RFC with its
		X400 product and with XTI.
      UCOM.X range of products of Telesystemes-E3X include an OSI stack with
      support for RFC-1006.
      Someone mentioned HP and ICL as "possibles"
      .... Oh, and BULL, of course. Works with the OSI stack for AIX 3 and 4.
	   All the "pure" OSI applications and all the APIs can use it.

'Till next time

Ciaran

Ciaran Deignan                                    Tel: (France) (1) 69 93 86 65
BULL SA                              Telecom Introduction (OSS/XS/PMU/ATS/NSTI)

Office:  H2 012                                              Bullcom: 223 86 65
Mail to: K2 036                                                  Fax: 223 84 74
                                    """
                                   [o o]
                                     *
                                    \_/