Re: DNS under o=Internet

George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au> Tue, 11 February 1992 00:47 UTC

To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: DNS under o=Internet
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1992 11:29:31 +1100
From: George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>

  Wengyik, how do we take the existing non-US located DNS information
  and get a complete and consistent mapping into the DIT if we have to
  take these to each individual DMD for the given ISO countrycode, and
  get it authorized under the civil space?

  You just relegated all non-US located DNS people into 2nd class.

  Apart from that, the labour is going to be massive.

  Apart from that #2, civil servers and Internet servers being distinct,
  this means a LOT more chain/referral for simple DNS lookups.

  It ain't gonna be fast. It ain't gonna do reverse-IP lookups well.

-George