Re: DNS under o=Internet

Sylvain Langlois <sylvain@cli53an.edf.fr> Wed, 05 February 1992 13:10 UTC

To: Steve Hardcastle-Kille <S.Kille@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: yeongw@spartacus.psi.com, osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: DNS under o=Internet
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1992 10:48:44 +0000
From: Sylvain Langlois <sylvain@cli53an.edf.fr>

> You've convinced me.   Lets move the DNS under O=Internet

> Are there any objections to this?   Is anyone still actively
> supporting the status quo, or is the world apathetic?

I'm  not sure that  this is a  good question,  but...  How do regional
networks  or   these kind  of networks    fit   in this  view.    What
will  happend with Nordunet, EUnet? I  could understand that they will
become OU's under o=Internet...
But   what  about  RIPE which   is  not a  network    in itself  but a
coordination point of networks. This is not  clear to  me at all. This
does not   impact the  DNS  but this  may impact the   "definition" of
o=Internet.
I'm all confused and would appreciate explanations.

Sylvain

Sylvain Langlois		  "Dogmatic attachement to the supposed merits
(sylvain@cli53an.edf.fr)	   of a particular structure hinders the searc
				   of an appropriate structure" (Robert Fripp)