Re: I need an example

D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk Sat, 19 February 1994 02:01 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 18:11:00 -0000
To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: Re: I need an example

From: C.Deignan@frmy.bull.fr (C.DEIGNAN)
Subject: I need an example
To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 14:20:22 MET
Sender: osi-ds-request@cs.ucl.ac.uk

O.K., this is a fairly stupid question, and I'm sure that I
could find the same answer internally, but all the DS experts
that I know don't seem to be in today, and I doing modifications
to somebody's doc, and I've promised to give the doc. back this
evening.

The doc refers to 'Application Process Titles', says that its a
DN, a DN is a sequence of RDN, an RDN is a sequence of AVA,
and then gives the following example:

/C=France,OU=TITI,O=Toto/ACR=uu/O=YFT

Could somebody please give me a (better) (realistic) example
of an Application Process Title. I've looked in some books,
but the only DN examples I've seen are for people. I already
have an "object identifier" application process title example.

Thanks for any suggestions, and 'bon weekend'

Ciaran

How about
c=gb, o=university of salford, cn=dsa one

You should know that the common use of AP title and AE title is to have them
both the same, and to set the AE Qualifier in A-Associate to null.

David

Ciaran Deignan                                    Tel: (France) (1) 69 93 86 65
BULL SA                         Telecom Introduction (Massy) (BSP/OSO/ATS/NSTI)

Office:  H2 012                                              Bullcom: 223 86 65
Mail to: K2 036                                                  Fax: 223 84 74
                                    """
                                   [o o]
                                     *
                                    \_/