Re: Root level prodir combined results

Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@gate.switch.ch> Fri, 06 May 1994 13:45 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 May 1994 09:42:05 +0100
X400-Originator: osi-ds-request@cs.ucl.ac.uk
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/PRMD=uk.ac/ADMD=gold 400/C=gb/; haig.cs.uc.615:06.04.94.08.42.05]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager@gate.switch.ch>
To: pays <pays@faugeres.inria.fr>
Cc: osi-ds <osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, prodir-support <prodir-support@nexor.co.uk>
PP-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line
Subject: Re: Root level prodir combined results

>France is declaring one single national master (with several NSAP),
>we would appreciate that the probing tool, do conform
>with this and thus provide ONE single result.
>
>Additionaly I would like to understand how from one single
>master (one PSAP) and on which criteria the tool decide
>to separate (on the base of the NSAPs?) into 2 results.
>What is being probed.h?
>
>  how do you know?decide that a different NSAP correspond to
>  a common or several physical servers?
>  why the number of probes differs for the 2 french results?
>  Does not that mean that some of the probing site are not able
>     to make use of multi NSAP PSAP?
>-- PAP

The prodir binary I am running here (written by NeXor without funding,
without funding) does only probe on the first NSAP of the same community.

If INRIA would like to fund the improvement of the prodir that would
be welcome. ;-)

In case NameFLOW takes really off, there might be some improvement to
be seen some day.

Thomas