PASSWORD

Vincent Berkhout <V.Berkhout@dante.org.uk> Tue, 27 June 1995 16:47 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:30:49 +0000
To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Vincent Berkhout <V.Berkhout@dante.org.uk>
Subject: PASSWORD

> >5: I have heard somewhere there is being worked on 'extentions' to
> >X.500 (called X.509 (?)), which can/will be used to set up a worldwide ,
> >public/private-keysystem. Can anybody give any info on that and say
> >how far X.509 is from a practical use?
>
> Project Long Bud was seriously involved in X.509 security and the most
> recent thing I know is RFC 1802 which gives an introduction to this
> project.

Naaah, just pulling your leg! I wanted to mention PASSWORD instead of LONGBUD.
For the record: PASSWORD was in the business of creating a security
infrastructure based on X.509. LONGBUD is using X.500 directory services
for  storing MHS routing info and using it dynamically.

And now we're at it: is there any documentation available on the PASSWORD
project? (outcome/final report?) Any other initiatives?

Vinc&