New note

Paul Barker <P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk> Mon, 15 March 1993 15:37 UTC

To: osi-ds@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject: New note
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 15:28:35 +0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Paul Barker <P.Barker@cs.ucl.ac.uk>

A new note is available from the osi-ds archive.  I regret that the text
verson is a slightly poorer version, lacking some diagrams.  I will fix this
shortly.  I hope to go to Columbus to discuss this at the OSI-DS WG.

Paul

OSI-DS 40
osi-ds-40-00.ps
osi-ds-40-00.txt
          Implementing archive retrieval using X.500
          Paul Barker
          March 1993
          Abstract:
This memo discusses a method of realising an archie-like service based
on X.500.  It describes a way of resolving the conflict between the
distribution of information, which is conducive to management, and the
adverse impact on search performance which stems from the distribution
of the data.  A schema is proposed for representing FTP archive
information and documents within the X.500 Directory.

The following topics  may be obtained from the info-server
using a request in the form:
        request: osi-ds
        topic: <one of topics the below>

For example: